Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Hope



Such a big thing in such a small word. I tried to think of clever titles for this post. Some were funny, some were slightly vulgar...none seemed to fit. The reason is because we needed hope, it was a season of doubt...of sadness, of really having some hard conversations, some major medical procedures, months and months of drugs, and praying. Lot's and lots of praying. Thru it all we always had hope, hope that God had a plan, and that we would put one foot in front of the other and keep going.

We're having a baby. Due in Aug. It is still so amazing to me that this prayer was answered that it hasn't quite hit me yet. It took 4 sonograms for me to actually believe the Dr. We kept the entire last year plus of our life quiet as we struggled with this, so it seems odd to share it now, and to be expected to share it so freely. It still feels like a secret, and people seem surprised that I kept one! Ha. There is a lot to this story but this seems like enough for now. Please excuse the sono pick...it was the first one from week 7. I'm at 16 weeks now and I'll try to post another one soon. However I'm not one of these "all I can talk about is my pregnancy, what fruit it is, what week it is, tell you how I'm feeling" pregnant people. If you ask me, I will tell you I feel fine. That's about it, and that's how I roll.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am super excited to meet Baby Gaines when he/she makes their arrival. Now, if you want me to go to doctor with you so I can find out what it is....I'm all for that. :)

Congrats Megan and Chris!!!!

RobinBrant said...

Yay! I love this post! I'm so happy that we can all share in your happiness now! Miller can't wait for Baby Gaines to come to his birthday party next year with mom & dad :)

Sonia said...

SOOOOOO incredibly happy for you both! I had a hunch after the Facebook post of re-puposing the office... Such a huge blessing you will be to this amazing little one!

Sonia said...

BTW - i think it's a strawberry this week. I WAS that kind of pregnant person! LOL!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Megan! So excited for you!