Monday, April 04, 2011

Feeling Old


This past weekend my baby brother turned 30....30! I just can't even picture him as 30. I feel like I'm barely 30 but I can't live in denial about that if he's now caught up to me. He spent the day with his family, cooked on his new grill for dinner, and enjoyed the weekend.
I remember when he was born. I was 4, and of course had to be another mother. I've watched him, sometimes hovered, sometimes bossed, sometimes shared a broken heart and some the best moments in life are with him. I called him BEFORE my mom when I found out I was pregnant (after Chris of course). Living an hour away still seems far at times, but it's close enough that I try not to miss any of the big things. I know that we will always be close, that our kids will be pals, and that I can't imagine growing up, growing old, or laughing at my parents without him. Happy birthday brother.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I have to comment on this one. I know that it meant a lot to your brother that you called him second. I think that the best years are still to come. I think raising our kids together is going to be the best. I'll tell Rob to check on your blog-he will want to read this one. :)