Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Swim Time



Today was swim lesson #2, of Nate's infant water survival class. I wouldn't say he's a fan. In fact he cries for some of it, and looks pitiful as I stand there and take pictures. With babies it's all about repetitive actions and short periods of time, so his lesson is about 12 min, but it's 4 days a week for 4 weeks. The bigger commitment is on me of course. But I am a water safety fanatic, former lifeguard and instructor with 10 years of swim team. With that I've had to pull kids out and do CPR, and every parent thinks it will never happen to them. So I just don't feel casually about water safety. In 4 weeks he should know how to fall in fully clothed, hold his breath, kick to the surface, turn over and float on his back unassisted. I'll post once we're finished with an update.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's great! Pool safety is a must!