Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baby Buckaroo



Rob & Allison spent a sunny afternoon at a shower for baby Heinrich. Her sister, also pregnant, made the trip from Reno. Grandparents, Aunts, cousins and friends were here as well, but I don’t know anyone more excited to be an aunt & uncle than Chris and I.

I planned Rob & Allison’s baby shower, and in my head it was going to be beautiful weather and the entire party was going to be outside in the yard we had been working on forever. Saturday I woke up to rain, and it rained all day. By about 3pm Chris told me that I was going to need to plan on having it inside. I was totally bummed, but agreed, and spent the rest of the day moving furniture to other rooms of the house to set up the entire shower inside.



I woke up Sunday morning to the birds chirping, and I knew without even looking that the day was the beautiful day I had dreamed of. I looked at Chris and he knew that we would be spending all the hours leading up to the shower moving it all back outside. Good times.


Not knowing the gender of the baby created a few challenges. We went with a western theme, baby buckaroo, the same as the nursery. So bandannas, mason jars and cowboy hats completed the look along with some sweet tea, and homemade ice cream sandwiches. We added a western scene as a photo booth for a little added fun.



Now the countdown begins! 6 weeks until I'm officially Aunt Sassy.

No comments: