Friday, October 16, 2009

TX-OU and a little 5K


If you don't like crowds you would hate Dallas during TX-OU weekend, but I happen to love this weekend. We get about 1 million visitors and the town is painted Red and Burnt Orange... it's high energy, with fantastic people watching and it's at the State Fair! Is anything better than a corny dog, beer and one of the best rivalry football games in the nation? I think not.
I spent my first TX-OU weekend starting at the Loon, let's just say that's about all I remember. However, now, 5 years later and happily married I will enjoy the festivities from a friends house at a watch party. A watch party for 80...remember everything is bigger in Texas.



Being a TX transplant I am still shocked by the passion that goes into one's love of their college team here. It's a little freaky. Argue with me all you want but you people are the ones who bring home babies from the hospital in college attire.


Also this weekend is the Dallas Race for the Cure. So before the above mentioned drinking can begin, we will be up at dawn for the 5k. I love this event, and I cry every year. I can't help myself. It makes me feel like my lame issues are nothing to complain about. This year I had to change our team name because someone stole our old one! So we are the Pink Mafia...which is cool and all, but I should have known that it's a common title for teams of Gay men. Nice.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

I must correct you - It's OU-Texas weekend. And yes, we are the die-hards that bring our kids home from the hospital in collegiate apparel! Go Sooners! (Even if they kinda suck this year - our back up QB needs to shave the mustache....)

I miss you and hope all is well with you guys! We will be in OK next month for a week, but don't know when we will be making it back to Dallas.

Jennifer said...

Such fun walking. No so much fun for Tom...who I tricked into being there.

The game was fabulous! Hook'em!