Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Bowling for Boobies



This past weekend I organized a fundraiser, with a little help from my friends, to raise money for the Dallas Komen Race for the Cure. I’m not sure what brilliant staffer decided that the Dallas walk would be on the same morning as the UT/OU game, but they did. With that little snafu many people that would normally participate, will not be participating this year.

So we had a bowling event called “Strike out Breast Cancer” and it was a HUGE success. We had 52 bowlers broken up in teams based on donation amount, and a ton of awesome raffle prizes. It helps to know people that work for the Mavericks, Cowboys, the American Airlines Center, Hilton etc and that we all have generous friends, and companies. The helpers were the usual suspects with one addition. We had Worley, Elizabeth, Julie and Crystal (the newbie). Here are a few pics from the event. I expect more in the coming days.





We raised $2,300, and I think everyone had a great time. I have a feeling this will be an annual event, and hope that it's even more successful next year. Thanks everyone for all your help!

3 comments:

Kerri Butler said...

Wow - awesome job lady!!! SO proud of you!

Jennifer said...

Had a blast!! Can't wait until next year. I will work on my mad bowling skills until then. At least, I beat Robin!! he he

RobinBrant said...

Megan - Awesome event! We had so much fun, and Miller loves his new Terence Newman helmet :)

Jen, for the record, you beat me one time (barely), then I beat the bejesus out of you in the second round.