Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall recruiting season


It’s fun to go see various schools and all the future college grads so excited to move into the next phase of life. They approach you, and the other tables unsure of themselves, and how to get a job and the real world. Students usually have done some research and have a few questions but without fail my favorite question asked at least once is “have you ever met Paris?” Um yeah, she has an office next to mine and we are like bff’s. It can be a very long day of pretending that sometimes the real world of having a job doesn't suck...but I don't want to be the one to break their spirits. Not yet anyway.



This past week I was at the University of Virginia and honestly…I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more beautiful campus. Pepperdine is pretty awesome, but this felt like the college in the movies…or the one we pictured as kids. It’s all brick and white columns, with tree colors changing for fall and sweatshirts at the football games. The town beautiful as well with boutiques, restaurants, bookstores and coffee shops all built into hills and tree covered streets. I told Chris that I've added it to my domestic travel list because I want to go back when I'm not working.

No comments: