Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quick Update



We landed back in the big D late Monday night, and I'm leaving tomorrow for a work recruiting trip to the exciting campus of the University of Virginia until Saturday. So I can't give a full update, but I'll probably do that from the hotel over the next few evenings. I know, I'm so exciting...I mean I look at these undergrad faces and think "Oh My, I've gotten old" They just seem so young. In my head I think, I can hang...I've still got it. Um yeah, Megan this is 1999 calling, and you so don't have it.

My brother, Rob, has decided to become a firefighter. He has actually wanted this forever, but decided to take life by the shorts and go for it. He has finished all of his classes and is all certified. Now comes the hard part of applying to various cities, and it can take months to get on somewhere. We are all praying that it happens soon. Rob had a mini graduation from his program last week, and his son came dressed for the occasion.



Emily had her baby!!! This is very exciting. I love Em. We both agreed that if you would have told us at my wedding that she would be pregnant and having a baby within the year she would have made me take a drug test. Yet, here he is. Baby Tripp. Short for the fact that he is a something the third. I have feelings about the something, so we will just say that Tripp is freaking adorable and I am so proud of Em.


The updates on San Fancisco, Napa, and Tahoe will come in the next few days but to sum it up I LOVED IT.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just finished with two job fairs at UNT & UTD...we're old. Deal with it. Have fun in Virginia!

Congrats to Rob!! I hope he gets a job soon!

Baby Tripp is super adorable! I can't wait to give him some more snuggles.

Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip.

Lydia said...

Wow - does a place really exist that looks like that (top picture)? I want to go to there.

Megan said...

Lydia...it does!! The palace of fine arts in San Francisco. (you might recognize it from the movie The Rock) They also have the best kids museum called the exploratorium at the park as well. Perfect for a family visit with Bobby in a few years ;)