Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010


New Years Eve. How did this happen? A decade has passed. 10 years ago I was in Santa Clara CA, .com capitol of the world waiting for Y2K to give us a freaking day off. You see I worked at eBay and the pace we were growing at was KILLING me. My life changed a lot after that NYE, and I’ve never looked back.

In the last decade I moved from the bay area to San Diego after a not so nice divorce, to be near my BFF, my brother, and the water. I ate carne asada, went to a lot of Chargers and Padres games, walked on the bay, and had lunch every Sunday with Val. Those 4 years were great. I went on some good dates, and some terrible dates. I won’t even mention the guy that wore the "save the whales" t-shirt and asked me to play star trek monopoly. Awesome.

I moved to Texas, 5 years ago. I came here for a job that lasted 4 weeks but have managed to find several others. Met some amazing friends, that I’m happy to say are still my friends. I fell in love, got a dog, bought a condo, joined a church, got engaged, we bought a house, got married. I’ve also managed to get half my family to move to this crazy state, and have a job I love. Not a bad 10 years.

This past year was interesting. I think that's the word I would use to sum it up. We worried about our jobs at least half of the year. Survived layoffs, then got to put in massive amounts of overtime. We joined the Wed night group, had our house broken into, and were able to celebrate 1 year of marital bliss with a vacation.

We also became Aunt Sassy and Uncle Cap to this little guy. Everett.


And added a new in-law to the family. Crystal & Joel.


I’m looking forward to 2010. We have some big goals, and some small ones. Plans have a funny way of changing, so I try not to be set in having “plans”. The main goals would be to love my husband, family and friends the best that can, try to keep doing a good job at work (even with my authority issues), and not take things so seriously.

1 comment:

RobinBrant said...

I am glad your winding road led you to Texas. And your little nephew is getting so big and even cuter! I need to see more pictures!