Monday, December 14, 2009

Thank you Charlotte!



I'm back from a quick and cold trip to Charlotte. Land of NASCAR and Colleen. The temps topped out at 35ish degrees but I was able see her new place in a fun part of the city called Chantilly, I got to meet her new dog Jake, and I was able to shop in the store that Texas needs most: TRADER JOE's. Seriously when are we getting one?
We had great sushi, did some shopping and drank beer in the same garage as the last time. I had some quality time with Jon, and we all watched the Panthers game with a few of her friends. Let's not even discuss the amounts of wine and food consumed. No crazy stories from this trip. We were well behaved and low key.
Most importantly I will kick her sorry behind if she forgets that really knowing her is more important to me than expecting her to be perfect. 20 years of knowing her has led to more memories than some people have in a lifetime. Who else would remember that those sheets on your bed were purchased in 1997 in Santa Barbara at the Eddie Bauer Home Store? Me. Because I was with you, and I always will be :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We DO need a Trader Joe's!!! Glad you had fun and continue talking Colleen into moving to Dallas!

Colleen - I know you read these comments. Get your booty to Dallas!!!!!

elizabeth said...

I'm all for starting a petition to get a Trader Joe's in Dallas! And yes, Colleen move to Dallas! Now we're going to have to start a petition for that...