Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SNOW

It was everywhere, and although a pain...it was beautiful. Most of us enjoyed some time off work, and the neighborhood snowball fights. I didn't enjoy a few days sans power. No power = no heat, and no hot water. I saw a lot of snowmen and can say I was here for the biggest snow storm in Dallas TX history.

My b-day was shared with many events this year. The Twins turned 2 and had a party, and Erin & Josh had a housewarming party. I got morning cuddle time with my nephew, and lunch with Rob & Allison. I saw a movie with some girlfriends, went to lunch with a few others, another gave me season 2 of Friday Night Lights on DVD and we decided to watch 8 episodes in a row (my idea of a perfect day). My husband also made me breakfast in bed, and sent 2 doz roses to the office.

The only bummer...my mom didn't call. She seems to think that because she is very sick, and combined cold meds with a margarita, therefore knocking her unconscious for 24 hours...somehow makes it ok. I know I'm a grown up and it shouldn't matter, but it does. She apologized, and I know it wasn't intentional and accepted her apology, but it mattered.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I was not knocked unconscious by cold meds, so I have no excuse.... Happy Birthday Meg! I miss you and hope you had a wonderful day!