Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What dreams are made of…


First of all who doesn’t love Jay Z? This pic is the backdrop from his concert. Let's hear it for NY.

I have so many memories of hearing his songs in clubs or bars over the past 11 years. God it’s been that long?!?! Everything from 99 problems, to Hard Knock Life, Big Pimpin, Can I Get A What What, and my personal favorite…Dirt Off Your Shoulder.
Last night Callie and I scored some prime platinum seating at the AAC with a price tag of $20. Who could say no to that? Jay Z performed them all, and was awesome. I think the people watching was also second to none. At first we stuck out a little, but started to fit right in with our lyrical knowledge and throwing our diamonds up and by the end of the show we were legit. Picked up all that grammatical poetry from the folks around us.


It was a fun time, and also a gentle reminder that I’m getting older. Vodka and red bull till midnight on a school night doesn’t make the next morning as easy as it once was.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Vodka and red bull needs a weekend recovery....

Glad you had fun!