Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Showered Baby

May was also my baby shower. I still can’t quite put into words how beautiful and special it was. 6 hostesses can be a lot, but Allison was in charge, and made it look so easy. It also helps when in general my friends are pretty much the best.




It happened to be the only nice weather Saturday we’ve had in a while, so we totally lucked out. It was in the backyard at Helen’s house, and was bird themed with nests, and birds and the colors were Grey, Yellow and White. The details were so amazing and it looked like Martha Stuart had planned it herself.

I’m so awkward at these things, I like parties but not when I'm the one being stared at, so I was a little anxious. All of Chris’ family came, and my Aunt Marty flew in from CA, my mom was here, and so many special local friends. The gifts were overly generous, and luckily because so many of them are moms, also practical. When it was over I wished I had stood up and said something to everyone but I just was overwhelmed and didn’t at the time. So if you were there, and are reading this…this is for you.



THANK YOU. All of you are a special part of this journey, and it hasn’t been easy. I feel so blessed to call you all friends (and family) and know that this baby will be loved beyond measure. Chris’s mom said that excited is too small a word to describe how she feels about this baby, and I just feel so lucky. Thank you Allison for killing yourself over this party, it was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you to Jen, Christine, Heather, Erin’s G and N, and Helen for hosting. Thank you Elizabeth for the cooking lessons for Jenn and the recipes.


No comments: