Thursday, April 10, 2008

Home Town Torch Carrier!


A friend from High School carried the Olympic torch yesterday. I was waiting to say anything because of the controversy in San Francisco we weren't sure it was actually going to happen, but it did!! I've never known a torch carrier before, but of anyone who represents that spirit it would be Jill. I hope to get a picture of her with the torch up later this week or next.

Anyway, she is amazing, and the accident that nearly killed her (it did kill her boyfriend) was something that stays will all of us who know her. I am amazed every day that she is even here. She is a little fighter, and a ray of sunshine and I thought I would tell a few of you about her...if you're at all interested :)


• Jill Mason, 30, an activist for the "Every 15 Minutes" cause against drunken driving. In 2004 she was crippled and suffered head injuries when a drunken driver hit her and killed her boyfriend while they were on a bike ride.

Here is her Essay that was submitted for selection: Jill Mason

No comments: