Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Pretty Party Parasols

Say it 3x fast people.

Photobucket

Saturday was my 1st bridal shower! It was lunch at the Dallas Arboretum, in the courtyard of the DeGoyer house. The setting was beautiful and so was the décor. The parasols were definitely dual function as the heater was turned on in Dallas. The photos have us looking all cool and collected.The reality is that it brought swamp ass to a whole new level. But this is Texas, and it's June so heat is par for the course.

Photobucket

Some games were played. I think the funniest was a multiple choice game testing who knew me best. Apparently some of my answers threw a few people for a loop. Here is one of those: If Megan could live anywhere, where would she live? 99.9% chose Hawaii. However it would NOT be my pick. It would be Santa Barbara.

The ladies also wanted to debate my favorite show! They guessed the bacehlor/bachelorette. WRONG again. Just because I blog about it does not mean it's my favorite. Friday Night Lights would be the correct answer. I always ask myself WWRD? What would Riggins do. He is on my list for sure.

So is this cake:
Photobucket

Everyone was so generous with the gifts, and really went overboard. We received wonderful things from the kitchen registry. And some fun day trips in Paris from the honeymoon registry.

Photobucket
In attendance were Chris' mom, Grandma, Aunt and Cousin. And my friends Jen, Christine, Melissa, Emily, Meg and Heather.

My friend Kerri was the hostess who flew in from Denver! She did a lovely job.
Photobucket

Would that really be complete without mention of my mom though? She couldn’t attend because she and my dad will be here in Dallas next week, but sent her gift ahead with specific instruction not to open until the shower. I took one look at the card and knew that her gift was going to be different than the others. When it comes to her gifting in general we usually find ourselves singing “which of these things just doesn’t belong here.”

The card read: For those HOT Texan (not texas) nights. Um yeah…got an idea of what it was? Correct…lingerie. It is very pretty, but next to the cupcake tower and cereal bowls? We can always count on her to spice things up, even when she isn’t here.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Swamp ass, indeed! Kerri did a great job...and the cake was supercalafragalisticexpaladoches!

elizabeth said...

Love the pretty parasols. And love the cake! Great job, Kerri.

Robin Brant said...

So sad I missed it, but everyone looks like they had a great time!