Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Champagne wishes and Vodka dreams

Photobucket
My bachelorette party was this past weekend, and 6 of us headed to Austin for an afternoon spa day, and an evening of fun. I told them I would refuse to wear any type of bachelorette paraphernalia. Luckily for me they agreed, and were pleased they didn’t have to wear matching devil horn tank tops as well
.
Photobucket

There was a hitch in our giddy up out of town; it involved a car detail gone wrong and a hanging rear view mirror. Once that was settled, and we hit up both Sonic and Starbucks for some nosh we were on our way. The iPods were loaded for the 3 hour drive, and the cooler was packed with ice, champagne, and vodka. Let’s not forget the strawberries, cheese and “sociable” crackers as well.
Photobucket

We arrived at the hotel we dumped all our stuff with the bellman and headed down the block to Moonshine for some lunch. Then were off to the spa for nail treatments, and had the entire room for manis and pedis, as well as some quality wine drinking. Once that was over we were back at the hotel to our rooms for rest and to catch up on the Olympics. Later we had in room cocktails and snacks before our dinner reservation.
Photobucket

The valets thought we were so cute they drove us in the hotel car to the restaurant, as opposed to making us walk. Our initial reservation of 5 people that turned to 6 seemed to really throw them off so rather than wait, we decided to keep the party going with a pitcher of Mojitos at the bar, followed by another at the table. You can see where I am headed. Apparently when the waiter got smart with us party Meg was in full effect, and she will sass you back.
Photobucket

After dinner we decided to walk to a bar, and had to cross over 6th St and we were at least 5 years over the demographic. Unless one is 21 or a tourist you do not belong on 6th street. Instead of moving onto other bars or clubs we bought mixers we headed to our rooms where the vodka had been chilling in the ice all day. Ahhh. Nothing like the combination of red wine, champagne, mojitos, mandarin with 7up, then cranberry, then fruit punch Gatorade, then back to the champagne. I’m just thankful that it all stayed down, even if I had to plant one leg on the floor to keep from spinning.
Photobucket

The next morning we were up and out the door to breakfast. I needed something that would seriously absorb my crazy cocktail concoctions from the night before. Nothing does that as well as Austin Tex Mex. Once we had our huevos rancheros and tortillas we were on our way back to Dallas. Of course a stop in West, Texas is required. Trust me…if you’ve never had a kolache from West TX you are missing out. It’s a little piece of Czech heaven. I think we were all looking forward to an afternoon nap once back in Dallas.

THANK YOU ladies for the laughs, and years of friendship. Robin, I won’t even get into how many stops were made in your honor because I love you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay, I had a great time! Yummy food and fantastic friends. What else do you need? Yes, Robin does have a bladder the size of a peanut.

Robin Brant said...

I am sorry that I am bladder-challenged. Stopping is better than the alternative, isn't it?

So much fun, though!

elizabeth said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm sad to have missed it. But I will see you four weeks from TODAY!