Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a day

Things happen. I know this. My normal day, and my job are generally so average, I just don't write about them. However, yesterday, the first 2 hours alone were enough to make me want to crawl back in bad and start over.
7:00am: My post shower makeup application. I drop my loose powder as I'm moving it from one hand into the other and lose 50% on the floor, and the other 50% in the sink.
7:15am: head to the kitchen to pack lunch, drop small container of marinara sauce onto the floor and it goes everywhere. I have to try to clean it up, and hold off the dog at the same time.
7:30am: I'm preparing all ingredients for the Crockpot roast that will simmer all day (thus preventing my husband from having cereal for a 5th night in a row) and trip over above mentioned dog licking invisible marinara spots off the floor and spill ketchup on my work blouse. AHHH. Have to go change, the first time.
7:50am Finally out the door, on the road in crazy rain/lightening/thunder. Stop at starbucks to grab some caffeine to calm my nerves. They don't push the lid down all the way, spill on blouse #2. Decide I'm too far from home and think people at work will take one look at me and my coffee stain and walk away. It would be advantageous for them to do so.
8:20am: Turning into the parking garage at work and realize that I have left my laptop at home. Normally a bad thing, but when you have 3 different conference calls with VP levels and up before noon....a very bad thing. So I drive back out of the garage, call and tell my admin I'll be late, and head back home.
8:45am: Run into the house, change again for the second time, grab the laptop and get back in the car.
9:10am: Finally arrive at work, but have lost my will to touch anything for fear I might totally screw it up for the entire day.

Ever have one of those?

The added fun last night was that someone rang our doorbell at 1:10am. I was totally freaked, the dog was going nuts and Chris didn't hear a thing! I couldn't fall back asleep for 2 hours and laid in bed creating escape routes in my head if that should become necessary.

3 comments:

Kerri Butler said...

Oh no, what a day!!! We've all had those, too bad you couldn't go back to bed!!!

Jennifer said...

I HATE those days! One thing after another happens and you just want to go back home and get into bed with the covers over your head. Here's to tomorrow!

Kerrie said...

Oh my! What a day! I've so been there. Glad you made it through.