Monday, July 13, 2009

The Final Countdown


4 days till the due date and not much progress. The heat here is killing all of us, but I can’t imagine how it feels to someone 9months pregnant. Poor thing. I’m trying not to call them every day to see how things are going because I would be annoyed if everyone did that to me. Instead we are keeping the cell phones fully charged by the bed at night just in case.
I keep thinking that I want to write something to this baby, for this baby etc. I’m just having trouble putting it into words. I think I’ll be able to come up with something better once we meet, and it has a name and a perfect little face. We’re having some interesting family stuff this week but I won’t allow that to overshadow this baby, because this is the first baby and therefore the most special. There is only 1 first baby. The title comes with a lot of people just sitting around staring at you, lots of gifts and special attention...and crowded sidelines for all of life’s events.
As we anxiously watch the phone this week I am overcome with the fact that we haven’t had a baby in the family for 28 years...and like the song says “a baby changes everything”...and this aunt can’t wait.

No comments: