Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Spa Weekend

About 2 weeks ago Christine and I spent a few days in Austin....doing nothing at all really and loving every second of it. We took 2 days off work and made spa reservations, stayed at the Hilton (of course) and when we weren’t relaxing we were eating. Perfect weekend or what?

We started the weekend at the Hula Hut with a strong Mexican martini for Christine and fresh mango margaritas for me. Yes, plural...that’s how I roll. We squeezed in some sushi, shopping and spent 5 hours at the spa getting facials, massages, manicures and pedicures. We also had dinner with my newly transplanted family in Austin, found the cupcake stand in an air stream trailer, and had vino at Hotel San Jose.

I think the highlight above all that came early one morning while dining at Einstein’s, a high class establishment of bagels and schmear...I saw someone in line and had to hold myself back from squealing out loud. You know one of those teen “I almost touched a Jonas Brother” kind of scream. It was...Aaron Piersol!! Who you ask? Well if you follow swimming and the Olympics you also would have known immediately. If you are normal, like christine, and only remember the big guns like Michael Phelps...this name may perhaps escape you. I have added the pics because you will probably remember the face.



He's hot! I gave Christine permission to take him home immediately, not that she needs it...but she fully agreed that he was great breakfast eye candy. He was cool, casual and eating a ton of carbs as he had come from the Longhorn Swim Club and seemed totally unaware that he might be someone that people recognize.

4 comments:

RobinBrant said...

You know I would have been drooling! How exciting!

Lydia said...

Totally would have recognized him. Biggest hottie of the olympics!

Jennifer said...

He is definitely yummy and I would have embarrassed myself by running over and hugging him.

elizabeth said...

So cute! But I'm so bad at recognizing celebrities I probably wouldn't have noticed!

So do you run into celebrities every time you're in Austin?? :)