Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday & Austin

I went shopping on Black Friday. We were in Austin for the rest of Thanksgiving weekend visiting my Aunt/Uncle/Cousins. The guys were golfing, and the girls headed shopping. It could have been a disaster. The formula was present. Biggest shopping day of the year: check. Impending hunger for lunch: check. Shopping at a MALL with a 10 and 13 year old: check. I'm pleased to say we all survived, purchased a few things and had lunch before any meltdown could occur, by me of course. I do think the more time I spend with 13 year old girls...the less likely I am to have children. I'm just saying.

We also watched "up" and went Christmas Tree shopping. A few trees that we saw were $1495! That's correct. They were 17-20 feet but still...who freaking pays $1495 for a tree? Not us. We found a much more affordable and smaller tree down the street at Papa Noel's. Chris was also able to golf 2x that weekend with my uncle. The ACC has it's privileges. He really enjoyed the men's lounge. A ton of flat screen TVs, no women, and no guys under the age of 21 allowed.

I shouldn't forget to mention that my parents went to Hawaii and ditched us all for the holiday. They called me from the beach. Not cool. Minus that, it was a great Holiday with lots of family and much to be Thankful for.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow, it's crazy what people will buy. $1495 for a tree? Ridonkulous!

GGRRR on your parents! Going to Hawaii without you. Why do parents do that? Don't they know better?