Monday, November 30, 2009

Texas Thanksgiving



This year we passed on the Cowboys game (tragic I know) and headed south to spend some time with Chris's family. To me it felt like the first real "Texan" Thanksgiving. Meaning we fried things, chicken fried things, and ate something in the same room where the head of that same animal was hanging. The major development. I shot a gun. For the first time in my life. Only 1 gun, they wanted me to try an "easy rifle" first. I think eventually I might try the pistol/ handgun/shotgun options. For now that was enough. Owning one is another issue entirely, but I would for the record like to state that I felt like Betty Bad Ass. My mother will not be pleased.

4 comments:

RobinBrant said...

Did you have cornbread dressing? It's not a Texas Thanksgiving without cornbread dressing.

Jennifer said...

I don't know if you mom will be more "not pleased" with the one gun you shot or the multiple guns in the background. Jeez!

Glad you had fun!

Megan said...

I know right. If the end of the world is happening I will go to Uncle Larry's. Have you seen the movie Shooter? He has that freaking gun. It's insane.

Lydia said...

Priceless picture!