Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Shackin Up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yep, its official...we decided to live in sin. After much discussion we decided to buy a place and move in together. To all you judging Judy’s...let me start by telling you I don't really care what you think.

Moving on. This is a huge step for us, and took careful consideration. If you don't know us and are reading this let me break it down for you. We are commitment phobic, in a huge way. He because he is predisposed to think things never work out (the pessimist in him). Well that and he had a bad experience in the past where someone ran over his golf clubs when it ended badly. I have my own suitcase of stuff...if you call having married a gay man and being abandoned and issue. (I swear I didn't know!) All that is another story for another day.

We decided, and broke it to the families. His was thrilled, mine being of the more biblical persuasion was disappointed that we weren't "engaged" but agreed that we needed to make sure this one is really strait.
*Random side note...does being engaged and living together reduce the chance of breakup? I'm inclined to think no, but hey I am wrong all the time.

My family loves him, and his loves me so I think we all are at a point where this is a good thing. Even though we are nervous about 24 hours a day in the same space, I think we’re in a good place for this next step. We will either kill one another, or end up deciding to take the plunge.

Now onto the house hunt...this is supposed to be fun right? Well it was, let's say "challenging", but not nearly as deciding on the furniture and style. Hello you're a guy do you truly care if the color is toasted marshmallow or taupe? Apparently this one does, but we did find a home we both loved, made an offer and here it is.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Casa de...Gainrich? Or should it be Heingain? Either way we have a fully furnished guestroon and friends are always welcome.

No comments: