Monday, November 05, 2007

Thank you

I have something to say to you to Chris. Seriously. I have to say…actually to steal a quote from Grey’s Anatomy: "I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheese cake, hold a radio over my head outside your window kind of way."
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This past weekend I just wanted to hug him to death several times.
A few examples:
-I volunteered us to dog sit on our date night without telling him.

-He came with me to a friend’s birthday dinner…and was the only guy to show up.

-He was vacuuming our house at 7:45 in the morning for a party I was hosting.
That same morning he was up at 6:30 washing our dog’s ass because lets just say he was having “issues” and let me sleep in.

-I inadvertently planned a baby shower at the exact same time as the Pats/Colts game…at our house. At one point he was playing a dirty diaper game while Tom Brady was charging downfield in the 4th quarter…and never said a word about it.

-He ate dinner at 11pm at night because a group we were dining with was VERY late for a reservation…and he never eats after 8.

- At one point I looked over and his hands were covered in washable paint for an “art” project for our friend’s baby room.

-I used almost every dish in the house and instead of watching the above mentioned game on Tivo, he was hand washing all the dishes…yes washing them by hand.

At times Chris does things completely outside his comfort zone because it makes someone else happy, and because he loves me. At the end of the day can anyone really ask for more than that?

5 comments:

Kerri Butler said...

Aww....I love this post!!! You two are "meant-2-be!" LOL

Jennifer said...

Wow, that was quite a weekend for Chris. Good job!

elizabeth said...

sweet sweet

RobinBrant said...

So sweet. Mike couldn't believe that Chris would be involved in an event during the football game, by the way. He tried to convince himself on the way to the shower that maybe we would get to watch it while they opened presents.

Clearly, this was Mike's first couple's baby shower :P

-Robin

Colleen said...

It truly warms my heart to know that my best friend is with the very BEST guy! You guys certainly complete each other! Thanks for sharing!