Thursday, January 03, 2008

NYE!

New Years Eve. Some people love it, many don't. I'm not really a fan. Regardless if one is single or coupled it rarely lives up to the hype. I just don't understand how $1000 bottle service, or standing in front of the AAC freezing your tush off is a good time.

This year we decided to have a party and wow...could I tell that I have entered that next age bracket. It was a fun evening where everyone was well behaved...literally no stories to tell. No one was running down the street nude, or passing out before midnight, or inappropriate what so ever. The highlights were that Jen was banned from the champagne, Kerri was almost in labor, Scott, Rob and Chris had colds and were loaded on meds, Robin rocked on Guitar hero, Mike and Tolu discussed the football disaster that is SMU, Christine was in need of poker coaching, and Elizabeth and Jennifer are directionally challenged and almost missed the countdown, and Allison was the official photographer of the evening...though I will probably not see the pics until this summer sometime. (love you but it’s true)

As I reflect on 2007 it was a big year, for all of us. Some are having babies, some changed jobs, some moved to a big city all on their own. It seems every year goes by faster than the last, and brings some sort of new adventure. I don’t always like it, but I’m along for the ride. Welcome 2008, let’s see what you’ve got planned!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Thanks again for hosting, your party was a lot of fun! Next time I'm in for all the rounds of poker.

Jennifer said...

Apparently, I need to be banned from the vodka, as well. :(