Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Going back to Cali


This past week has been a blur. Between the stock market insanity, all the college and NFL football one can handle (how about them Cowboys!!), and Hurricane Ike… I’m ready to head to CA this morning for a few days of relaxation before the I Do’s.

Last week I was able to have not 1, but 2 girls’ nights. Thursday was the first with Melissa, Christine and Gretchen. We went to the usual watering hole, Capitol Pub. We all had a long week and after some appetizers, a few beers, and silently judging the chain smoker in a suit at the table next to us we called it a night. Gretchen is having a big 3-0 birthday bash this weekend at the House of Blues, and I know Melissa has worked really hard to make the event wonderful. I’m sad that Christine and I will miss it, but can’t wait to see the pictures when we get back.

Friday was the second girl’s night. Celeste came into town to escape Houston and impending doom with Hurricane Ike. Not knowing how long she would be displaced she made plans to stay with several friends over different nights to spread the love. It’s always a party when she's around and Friday was no exception. Our other friend Elizabeth was in from Boston for a bachelorette party and we had planned on pedicures & Mexican food for Friday night. I didn’t tell anyone Celeste was here, and surprised them at the nail salon. After a pampering pedi, and Celeste getting burned by the eyebrow “technician” we headed to Matt’s in Lakewood for some Bob Armstrong dip and margaritas.

Photobucket

The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind of last min wedding errands, laundry/packing, and of course taking a trip to see baby Aaden at home and to give mom Erin some company. So today I head home. I have all day tomorrow to do nothing at all without a care in the world. Thursday Chris, Rob, Allison, Colleen & Val come to town…and I see a trip to the Mine Shaft in our future. Friday the rest of the Texans arrive to Tahoe City and the weekend events begin.

Photobucket

When I blog next I will have a new last name.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to get there!

elizabeth said...

AH! It's finally here. See you in 3 DAYS!!