Friday, September 26, 2008

“Your order hasn’t been processed”


Excuse me?? That is not what a bride wants to hear about the flowers that she ordered for delivery the day before. NOT PROCESSED?? This statement took a second to register. I mean…a wedding with no flowers is just not happening. I had ordered flowers in bulk and was going to do the centerpieces and other floral arrangements myself (with help). So no flowers were simply not an option. Chris and Colleen were packing up the car for us to leave for Tahoe, and were headed my way down the hall when they heard me yell into the phone “are you F*%$#*G kidding me!!!” at the poor customer service person. I believe I heard Chris turn to Colleen and say “that doesn’t sound good; I think we should go outside”. Smart Man.

Well it wasn’t good. I ordered the flowers and paid for them 5 months prior, and now someone was telling me that not only were they 1 day late in arriving, but they hadn’t even been processed or shipped yet. No Bueno. Thankfully, I think, I terrified the poor CSR into immediate action because within 30 min he pulled the order, called FedEx for an emergency pick up, and was sending them over night. He called again 1 hour later with the shipping number, again the next morning to tell me they were on the FedEx truck in Tahoe City, and again after we signed for them to see if I was satisfied. So he completely restored my faith. The flowers were amazing, and he sent an additional 100 calla lilies just for my inconvenience. So what could have been a big problem turned around and into something even better.

Photobucket

Thank you Val and Kerri for our Floral Centerpiece 101 afternoon. We done good kids!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

All the flowers were beautiful! I couldn't believe the "order wasn't processed" story when I heard it. That poor CSM did redeem himself.

RobinBrant said...

That's when you might have to kill someone. What an nightmare, but thank goodness it worked out!

Unknown said...

"Smart Man" - you are darn right. I wasn't getting anywhere near that conversation for fear of potential bodily injury.

elizabeth said...

The flowers were beautiful! The whole wedding was beautiful! The bride was beautiful! And Chris, your dance moves were beautiful!

Great time! Can't wait to see you all again and see the pictures in person!

(Wow, I set a record for me...6 exclamation points in one comment.)