Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Don’t Stop Believing

Photobucket

The dancing. I’m not sure how to describe my husband’s (still so weird to say) dancing. He is normally so reserved, concerned about what other people will think, and doesn’t like the idea of even potential embarrassment. So right from the kick off of the dancing he busted into the “footloose” dance, then he moonwalked to Billie Jean, and then did the entire video routine to NKOTB’s “Hanging Tough”. People were standing around with their mouths open, and asking themselves…who is this guy? Folks, I have to agree, but I also have to tell you that this is how he is at home. Sorry Chris, but the secret is out. He loves to sing and dance, and I think felt like it was his wedding and he didn’t give a darn who saw him.

Photobucket

The night ended with my best friend Val’s requested song by Journey “Don’t Stop Believing”. I am pretty sure she had convinced herself that it wasn’t going to get played…the DJ seemed to have trouble understanding the difference between Whip it, and Let it whip…hello it is SO obvious. Anyway, we had finished the last “official” dance and I had kept journey a secret just for her. It came on as people were walking off the dance floor and she started screaming out…”That’s our song…that’s our song”!! I think every single person that was at the reception made their way to the dance floor and we all sang it at the top of our lungs. People began to circle around us as the song was finishied, and it was a great moment I don't think we will ever forget.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved the dancing!

Chris was hilarous and I will always remember his Hangin' Tough dance routine.

elizabeth said...

The song just sealed the deal on the best wedding reception. Ever. :)