Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Saving Second Base


Or the Second base Savers. That's the name of my Komen team here in Dallas. This was a tough year for everyone...so many things going on, and so little time. When I finally looked up I was a team of 1 this year, but to me...that was enough.

October is breast cancer awareness month, and Saturday some friends of ours had an event after the walk called Octoberfest for the Breast. Catchy right? It was fun to see some familiar faces, and some new ones. I met a woman who was diagnosed while pregnant over a year ago. Once the baby came she needed a double mastectomy, and a hysterectomy as well. She just finished her treatments in July. She walked on Saturday with no hair, but a beautiful smile and a family by her side. Younger then me!!! Diagnosed at 29, now 30...and while pregnant??? I can't even imagine.

In honor of her, and the thousands of others I decided to post the video of the 2007 race. Perhaps next year we will be a team of many.

No comments: