Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Family Thing

Photobucket

It's a family thing. We’re loud, in each other’s business, and love each other to death. You have met most of us, but not all of us. Meet my youngest Brother Allen, and my sister Samantha. She took 3 planes to get to this wedding and flew with 4&5 year old boys. Amen to her for that.

Photobucket

I figured out during this wedding that I get the details and the stress over the details from my dad. He did so much work for this it was amazing. He glued the napkin rings, created the crystal tree, and did all my cupcake boxes. He also cooked a feast for 30 people on Saturday night. He figured that people had traveled all this way, it was the least my family could do. Granted…the mess and massiveness of it all about sent me over the edge, but the food was great.

Photobucket

The entire wedding my family was working behind the scenes to make everything as close to what I wanted it to be as possible. I don’t even know quite how to thank them enough accept to say my cup runneth over.

Photobucket

I could do an entire post about my brother Rob's toast at the wedding, but I'm not really sure I have the words. Everyone who saw understands, but it was so sweet...so special. He felt he could have done better (because he was a little emotional) but it sounded perfect to me.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your family was fantastic all weekend. Your dad's meal was SO yummy! Our table thought Rob's toast was very sweet, too.

elizabeth said...

Dang it if I didn't just tear up thinking about the toast again! Good one, Rob.