Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Latest Goings On

So August went out with a bang. A summary of events:
Photobucket

A weekend in Tahoe where we met with the pastor, picked vows, got the official marriage license, and tasted cake. Chris has wanted to go to a cake tasting since the engagement, and I have to say this one was worth it. Yummy.

Photobucket

My parents also got us all great seats to a lake side concert that weekend with Sheryl Crow, and James Blunt. It was a really good show, but I thought Chris was going to walk out when she sang a song about Exxon Mobile. I'm just saying that unless I'm at a convention or rally I prefer that singers, you know, sing...I don't need to know thoughts on politics. If I wanted to pay $100 for that I would go to a fundraising event.

Photobucket

My friend Callie had a hemorrhage in her brain, and was in the ICU for a week, no answers, no treatment...no explanation. She was sent home, but was back in the ER last night with spotty vision. I adore her, and ask everyone to keep her in prayers. I will also never go to Plano Presbyterian for anything unless I'm bleeding out and have no other option.

My other friend Erin is having her baby today, in a few hours actually, via c-section. This is a big baby, estimated weight at 9lbs last week. She is doing this solo, and I am amazed at her strength. I know today she is a little scared, but she and the baby will be perfect. I can't wait to see them this evening.

Photobucket

My gripes of the week are that currently I have a DJ that can't seem to return a call, a sudden change in venue coordinators 18 days before our wedding, 32 degree temps at night for our outside reception, and people that don't RSVP. Hello, it has a stamp on it, it's addressed, check a freaking box and send it back. Annoying.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

It's all coming together...the countdown is on! But 32 degrees????

Jennifer said...

I know! I have to completely re-think my wardrobe. 32 degrees!

Megan said...

It's supposed to "warm up". The day temps are 74-78, so let's hope the night temps warm up to at least the 50's. Jeans, t-shirts, perhaps a fleece if you truly want to be Tahoe material.

RobinBrant said...

It will be here before you know it, and all your worries and trouble will be worth it!