Tuesday, December 23, 2008

4 Christmases


I’m not kidding. This year we have 4…just like the movie. I’m prepared to be both entertained and entertaining, and I’m fairly sure we will argue at least once. I was telling him we needed a video camera to capture the events but he didn’t see the humor.

Starting the show is Christmas Eve with his mom & John, Matt & Crystal.

Christmas night with his Nana, and Christmas day with his dad’s family, and Grandma Dorothy.


However, it is a sad year because it’s the first for Chris without his Grandpa. He died a year ago, the same weekend we were engaged. Everyone was in shock last year during the holidays, but this year we’re really feeling the loss. Chris was asked to give the blessing at the meal, and it will be the first time in his life that his Grandpa hasn’t been the one to do it.


The 4th and final Christmas is on the other end of the spectrum...Chris and I will be an Aunt and Uncle in 2009!!! I can finally tell everyone that Rob & Allison are having a baby!

So the last stop is in Ft Worth. The future parents and my parents who are flying in from CA will be rounding it out Heinrich style. I’ve been dying for everyone to know, and am so excited I can’t stand it. By now I have gotten over the fact that even though they live 45 min away, they told Chris & I via ichat (Mac video message) on Election night. I was unaware they were calling to tell us about different results. So now my reaction, complete with a curse word, is preserved forever. Classic. Baby Heinrich will arrive in July, and I can’t wait! Chris is equally as excited. He keeps trying to come up with a cool uncle name.

So from all our families to yours, have a safe and Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

RobinBrant said...

Yay, Rob and Allison! We are so excited for them too. I can't wait to meet Baby Heinrich.

Jennifer said...

Definitely Four Christmases! Congrats to Allison and Rob!
Merry Christmas Megan & Chris!

I get to go home in 30 minutes, so, I am !! all over the place!

elizabeth said...

Yay for Rob and Allison!! Have a wonderful Christmas(es)! I'm sure you'll have a *funny* post after the holidays. :)