Monday, December 22, 2008

Chicken Soup for the Soul


In our case it was more like jager for the soul, but I digress. A few months back, Celeste and I thought it would be fun to meet in Austin for the weekend. It’s the same distance from Houston and Dallas, yet it seems a world away. When we actually tried to pick dates, the only one that worked was the weekend before Christmas. During the planning we also asked our friend Elizabeth if she wanted to join us.

So, this past weekend the 3 of us took Austin by storm, as if anything less would ever do. In the end, we left rejuvenated and ready to handle this week’s impending holiday stresses, our stomachs aching from laughing so hard and our livers praying for mercy.

Here are a few highlights:
- Drinking coffee and eating breakfast tacos at Joes…when I look up and see at the table behind us none other than COACH TAYLOR (aka Kyle Chandler) from Friday Night Lights. I love him, remember? Well, he is even hotter in person - so sexy. He was just sitting at a table, fitting in, non-famously drinking his coffee and reading the paper. Not one single person bothered him, but I had to get a picture.

- Celeste falling. I know she hates this story, but I love it because it just as easily could have been me, as we both have the gift of grace. We had closed down a bar and were trying to get a cab. Having no luck, we headed to the nearest busy looking corner. I'm booking it, since I’m in short sleeves and the temp had dropped about 20 degrees. Celeste is behind me, and Elizabeth is bringing up the rear. I should mention first that I think 6 jager bombs and 7 beers had been consumed by each of us - yes each – thus we were in prime form. We’re not sure if the jiggy sidewalk or the balance of Celeste was to blame, but all I heard was Elizabeth yell “Celeste, no!!” I turn around to see her completely laid out on the sidewalk, face first. Elizabeth and I, being the wonderful friends that we are, start laughing so hard we can’t even help her. Celeste calmly says “I’m just going to lay here until someone helps me up”. The picture below is of her and the 2 nice gentlemen that did just that.
- Vito. It’s 3:30 am, we closed the bar, and we are starving. Elizabeth needs to use the restroom, so on our way to eat we stop by our hotel so she can use the lobby bathroom. We tell her, “use the lobby bathroom, you don’t have a room key”. Celeste and I, not having to go as badly, drive down into the garage, take the elevator to the lobby and head to the bathroom to retrieve Elizabeth. She’s not there. We go back to the car, then pulled back around to the front figuring we missed her in the process. She wasn’t out front either. Apparently, she went up to our room, realized she didn’t have a key and was dancing around waiting for us…when this guy that was in the hall recognized her distress, and offered for her to use the restroom in his room. She had to go so badly that she did, and then she asked him if he wanted to go get food with us. When we pulled out front to pick her back up, there she was, with him and his name was Vito. We entertained him I'm sure.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Awesome post. Awesome weekend. Only 364 days until Chicken Soup for the Soul II!!!!

Jennifer said...

I said it earlier to you Megan and I'll say it again........I hate you! I love Coach Taylor and would have immediately ran up and hugged him.

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!

RobinBrant said...

I hate you too. Coach Taylor is my boyfriend!