Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fruity pebbles, fiber, and takeover karaoke

My girls’ weekend in San Diego was, as expected, a great time. Sunny and 78 degrees we lounged, ate, shopped, drank, danced and caught up. Honestly with those two I would be happy just sitting on the deck, reading magazines with a glass of wine talking about our lives. All weekend I did hear “this can’t go on the blog” or “that should totally go on the blog”. Blog censorship I tell you.

Friday we were walking around PB and Val wanted to try this new frozen yogurt place. It’s one of those where you pay by the weight but serve yourself and they have a million toppings you can add. The sizes we got would be embarrassing for normal people but not to us. I decided on nonfat pistachio and was unsure what topping would complement the flavor. Val looked at me and in all seriousness said “yogurt chips of course”...well a traditional person would think that. I tend to color outside the lines so I went with fruity pebbles. They mocked me, until they tasted it and were jealous. It’s a little bit of heaven friends. Colleen had added coco puffs and we told her they looked like rabbit turds. Friend love.

Fiber...well I think the more you know your friends the more you know. Sometimes bordering on TMI. So I will spare you the details of the conversations revolving around bathroom topics and just tell you that when Val stood up and announced “fiber shots you guys?” I literally laughed out loud. She said it as if she was a bartender. Fiber shots?? Her philosophy is that regularity is a good thing. The girl went and mixed something with water and put it in these tiny shot like glasses and we drank them like it was patron. Only with them.

Takeover Karaoke was Saturday night. We all got ready and sat around the table at home drinking and snacking. All of a sudden we looked up and it was 10:30, we were already well on our way to buzzed and needed to go. The destination was one of my favorites, a dive karaoke bar that is so crowded on the weekend you won’t get to sing a song unless you pay the dj a lot of $. Even then it’s a long shot. We knew with our late start we would never have a chance on the mic. Well...our group is less than shy. So when Journey’s “Don’t stop, believing” came on and 2 guys went up on the stage...we did what any normal group would do. We took over. The girls literally got on stage, took the mics and started singing... it wasn’t a hostile takeover because the boys were allowed to sing along. It was classic. Let’s just say we were “those girls”. The night ended at Santana’s for late night burritos and might have forgotten Colleen...and she might have had to walk home...I’m just saying.
Real friendship is that the next morning she wasn’t pissed. I think the sweet justice for her was that I couldn’t eat a thing all day, and was a lovely greenish color all the way home to Dallas.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great weekend of girl fun! I'm going to need the story of what happened to Colleen, though.