Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Amanda


I know I’m not old, but occasionally things happen and I think “wow I remember when...” This past weekend was one of those moments. I have a small family, and cousins were few and far between. When I turned 18 my cousin Amanda was born and she quickly became the special one. You see, I was beyond babying as I was an adult, and my grandparents were over the moon for her. I was able to live close by and picked her up from pre-school some days, and my mom will still drive 3+ hours for one of her basketball games. To me she will never grow up, but this past weekend I had to face that isn’t the case in reality. She graduated from 8th grade! What?!? I can’t believe it, and am sad I missed it. My parents who are off traipsing around Ireland for weeks forgot to tell me. Hopefully with a nice gift all will be forgiven. I’m so proud and she is so beautiful and smart. Luckily for me she will be moving to Texas in a few weeks and I can harass her in person more often. I’m sure she is counting the min for that.


Katie, my other baby...I mean cousin is just as beautiful and special so I added a pic of her last day of 5th grade.

3 comments:

RobinBrant said...

I know exactly what you mean. My cousins are all much younger than me, and the oldest one, who was born when I was 12, just graduated from HIGH SCHOOL this year. That makes me feel like such an old lady.

elizabeth said...

Yep, my cousin's oldest child just turned 16 and he'll be taking driver's ed soon. Yikes!

Lydia said...

What little cuties!!!