Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Heinrich is German but really I’m Irish


I’m a pretty even split of the two, but if you ask the men in our lives we have Irish tempers for sure, and half of us have red hair and freckles. My brother and I have always wanted to go to Ireland so what did my parents do? They planned a trip to go with their friends for 3 weeks, and are sending daily updates to rub it in. Nice.
They don’t really drink, never have, but they are with their best friends of 29 years the Gubitz’s who are shall we say...a little more into the adult beverage. So far my parents have been to the Jameson’s’ tasting room 2x and the Guinness factory, not to mention a different pub every night. I’m beginning to worry if along with the red hair and sassy personality my mom will be bringing back a new found fondness for the booze.
The last few nights they have been at Leslie Castle, the castle where Paul McCartney married that god awful woman. Apparently there is a huge wedding happening this weekend and my mom sent us an email “are there any big celebs that are engaged, I think they’re getting married here this weekend” to which my aunt responded, “oh yes didn’t you hear its George Clooney and Angelina”. See my smart ass tendencies come via genetics.

No comments: