Thursday, May 17, 2007

Febrary was all about me.


This year February was all about me. Why? Because I TURNED 30! I don’t feel 30, and it’s true that 30 is the new 20…but 30? Seriously. I remember being in high school thinking 30 was ancient, and wondering what people did when they were that old. Ha. This year I decided that it was time for a party. Not just any party, but the biggest party I have ever had. I feel so blessed right now in my life and wanted a party not just for me, but for all my friends who have been along for my crazy ride of a life. I started planning in September of last year. Hotel ZaZa was the chosen location of course. It is a swanky boutique hotel here that the famous people stay at when they come to town.
I booked one of the Magnificent 7 suites called “the crouching tiger” it was over 2000 sqft and decked in Asian décor. It was a girl’s only slumber party. Having a mix of single and married friends always causes a dilemma about the boy factor. I felt it easier for entertaining if it were all girls. The invites went out, all the food was ordered, and the cake was chosen. The weekend came and my best friends flew in. Val from San Diego, and Colleen from North Carolina. We have been friends since Jr. High, and I can’t imagine a major moment in my life without them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My roommate from college Kerri and some Dallas pals as well. In all there were 15 of us. We started with dinner in the suite, a TON of alcohol, and some gift opening. I made gift boxes for everyone with fun stuff and a CD of my favorite songs from the past 30 years. Kerri made a beautiful slide show and even had a ton of pics from my mom! Then we moved to the club downstairs “dragonfly” where they had created a VIP area for us. We had cake and danced with the Dallas nightlife there for a while, before heading back to the room for the after party.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Down the hall from us were: Johnny Knoxville, and Tommy Lee (separate rooms) and some of the guys from Prison Break which is filmed here locally. It was the best birthday I have ever had, and a night I won’t forget with people I love. Well there was one I could do without, but that is another story for another time.
To the rest….thank you for all the years of friendship and I look forward to 30 more with all of you!

No comments: