Monday, March 03, 2008

2.23.08


The party. It happened and it was amazing. I can’t put into words how moved Chris and I were and how much fun it was. When you have almost all of your family and close friends in one house, and a few bottles of wine…I mean glasses…what’s better?

The engagement party was themed after a night in Paris, because that is where we are going on our Honeymoon. French wine, champagne, French snacks along with cupcakes of course! It had been planned by the best girl’s: Christine, Jen and Allison with the help and house of Chris and Meg Boyd. We also had 40+ friends and family in attendance. I was very nervous, and of course didn’t get to talk with everyone I wanted too, or for as long as I wanted too…but I think it is a dry run for the rehearsal. For those of you who I didn’t get to hang with I apologize.

Photobucket

Some people were selected to give toasts, all the parents being among them. They had such nice things to say, and it was a wonderful opportunity for everyone we care about to meet each other. I hadn’t planned on saying anything, and didn’t really say what I wanted too once I reflected on it. So I will say it now. I looked out over that crowd and realized that Dallas is home. I came here 3+ years ago not knowing anyone, and to see people that will be lifelong friends that I didn’t even know 4 years ago, and I can’t imagine life without was so moving to me. I saw faces from a job that lasted 4 weeks, I saw faces from another job after that, and people who’s couches I slept on, or who took me to dinner and showed me the town…people who were there the night I met Chris, and for all the stalking that came after that…people who had gotten married and were having babies. I just stepped back and was overwhelmed at what an incredible group of friends we have.

I will post pictures later as Chris's step dad John took well over 100...or at least post the link. Look for that later this week!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The amount of wine consumed should be a good indicator of how much we will drink when it's wedding time. :) Be prepared!

Had a blast at the party and it was fun throwing it with Allison and Christine. Can't wait until September! Meg & Chris have the best house - E-V-A.