Friday, March 14, 2008

Invitations

Invitations. Who knew there were thousands to choose from? Not only that, but you have to decide on the color, font, additional embellishments, envelope style, address placement, wording etc. Come on! I don't think that 90% of people that pick up your invitation notice any of those details really. It goes on the fridge, you might notice it's pretty...but I doubt that my friends will look at it and say " Oh look Megan used that beautiful Lucida font".

I do think that people would have noticed had I gone with the one that Chris suggested. I thought I knew him so well, I can usually tell the things he likes, or doesn't like. He honestly sent this to me as a serious suggestion on what he would choose. I kindly refused, hopefully in a way that did not break his sweet spirit...but refused none the less. I think you all might just agree with my decision on this one. I tried to save a picture but it wasn't working so below is the link to the invitation that was suggested.


http://www.finestationery.com/product.cfm?prod_id=47134&invitation=true&invitation_id=63166948


In his defense we are getting married in Lake Tahoe, and the background is mountains etc...but I still had to suggest strongly another alternative. Well not so much suggest, but I designed and ordered a different one.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

That is hilarious! If only you were the granola-type bride...