Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Apple Bottom Jeans



A few weekends back I went to visit my friend Celeste in Houston. (Above photo on the far right) I like to call her the Rajun Cajun and this weekend was no exception. She moved from Dallas to Houston in February. I had never been to Houston. I decided it was time for a visit. It would have been a perfect weekend, but getting out of Dallas took forever. Thanks to the weather in our state my 3:30 flight ended up being a 7:30 flight. We got a late start Friday night, but that didn’t stop us. We made up for it of course. A few bottles of wine and some cheese fries later we stayed up till 5 am chatting and catching up.

She lives in this amazing part of town called The Village, near Rice University. It is bustling with people, fun pubs, and restaurants. The weekend was filled crawfish, cold beer, horoscopes, starbucks and movies. The funny stories are usually due to Celeste’s over-sharing and friendly with stranger's disposition. I swear that girl never meets someone she doesn’t like. We managed to drink plenty, eat a ton, and see more bachelorette parties at a piano bar than should ever be allowed.

**Random Side Note: I’m not kidding; I think there were 7 brides at Howl at the Moon. I decided right then that I don’t want one…well none like that. One of them was wearing this hideous baseball cap/veil combination that we couldn’t handle. Her poor friends had these headbands with gigantic hearts off the top that looked like alien nubs. Awful. No matter how much I drink, that never looks cool. I hereby promise that you will never see me out with any fake veil, shirt with a spinner, or fake member items (suckers, necklaces, blow ups), or flashing lights around my head. Oops, I forgot the “Bride to be” beauty pageant sash and tiara will also never see the light of day with me.

We decided the song by t-pain “Low” was our theme song for the weekend. It literally came on the radio every time we got into the car, and everywhere we went. Luckily it brings a smile to my face every time I hear it. I mean "Reeboks with the straps"…poetry in motion.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm jealous of the fun that I missed! Looking at that picture...when can we go back and drink more martinis?? I loved that place.

elizabeth said...

I'm jealous too! Luckily I received lots of text messages so I felt like I was in on the fun.

And you're just asking for all that crap at your bachelorett party now...

Lydia said...

Elizabeth is right. It is very hard to say "no" to a bride-to-be sash when your sweet friends who planned your entire bachelorette party to a perfect T ask you to wear it! My secret - stay in a secluded hotel where no one you know (or no one you care about) sees you! :)

Robin Brant said...

I am completely supportive of the "no bachelorette party" declaration. I refused to do it when I got married, and we instead had a fun slumber party and got massages and pedicures. I count it as one of the best decisions I ever made.