Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Chris turned 31


Chris turned 31 last week, and I am so thankful that I don’t have to hear him tell everyone that he's the younger man…by 3 months. It’s been hectic the past month and extremely busy at work so he really didn’t want to do anything for his birthday. I can understand that, so we had dinner, just the 2 of us, and called it a day. We went to Bob’s in Plano and it was delicious. I’m still thinking about the vanilla ice cream.
This was the 4th birthday of his that I have had the pleasure of helping celebrate. Looking back I can’t believe that we met when we were 27 and that all this time has passed. It feels like yesterday that I was planning his surprise 28th birthday at the pub where we shared our first drink.
I tease about him on this blog regularly, and he is a great sport about it, but in truth he is my person. I don’t like saying “my other half” because I’m quite whole on my own thank you, but he is irreplaceable and invaluable to me.
When you meet him, he seems very different from who I have found him to be. He would hate if I gave all his secrets, but false bravado covers some of my favorite things about him. He is kind, hard working, extremely generous, supportive, encouraging, and funny. You heard me right…he is funny. I swear. When I look at him with his grandma, or with the baby of a friend, on the phone to my mom, or even sending an email to one of my friends that had a bad day I understand that he is one in a million.
So Happy 31st birthday to the best maker of eggs, mower of lawns, and creator of budgets, dancer of NKOTB, orderer of my complex starbucks drink, lets me have the window on all flights, never interrupts important TiVo, and always walks the dog at night fiancé. You are so much more than that, but I don’t have room, and Worley would gag if I go on.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love you, Chris! I hope you had an awesome birthday and whew, thank goodness you are my age again. That's as mushy as I'm going to get.

elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Robin Brant said...

Happy b-day, Chris! It must be hard being over 30, but of course, I wouldn't know :P

At least not for another year, a month and 11 days. Not that I'm counting or anything...