Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Mom


Today is also my mom's birthday. After 30 I don't list the age, but she likes to tell everyone she's my older sister. If anyone actually believes her, I might die.


She's actually one of my closest friends, and I know I'm lucky for that. She is why it's fun to be a part of our family. Our lives would be so boring without her, even if we might be laughing at her and not with her. Just last week I took her to a Tina Turner concert for her birthday, and some of my friends came along. After the show she and I were in one car, they were in another but we were all stuck in traffic. She decided to jump out of the car, and do a Proud Mary dance routine right there in traffic...IN FRONT OF PEOPLE. Do you think she was embarrassed?? She thought it was hilarious. So did everyone else. Try growing up with that.


She has a heart for kids that I never will, and deals with those that are dying or have a family member that has died, or if an adult has taken their innocence too soon..even in the schools when there is a suicide. I am in awe because it's nothing I could ever do, let alone do and love life and people the way she still does even after all she sees.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday to you! I always have a blast when you are around. Since I didn't go to Tina Turner, I'm going to need a reinactment of Proud Mary.