Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wicked Weekend


I love Chicago. So when I needed to go for work I didn't mind at all. I even added on a few extra days for fun, and asked Colleen if she wanted meet me. She had never been! We stayed at the Conrad on Michigan Ave. It was beautiful, with huge rooms, fluffy robes and was connected to Nordstrom. Does it get any better? We decided we could get used to life at the Conrad.
I took her to Grant Park to see the ice skating rink, the shiny kidney bean and where Obama accepted the Presidency.


We walked the Magnificent Mile down to the old Marshall Field (now Macy’s) all decorated for Christmas. The cold and decor had me in the Holiday spirit.


Pizza is required in Chicago. Specifically Giordano’s (not Gino’s East or Pizzanos) but Giordano’s is the best. Sure the wait is always an hour, but it’s worth it. I mean look at it.



We also watched the snow flurries from the 96th floor lounge of the John Hancock Tower while having cocktails.




Putting the weekend over the top was going to see Wicked. We had both already seen it in our respective cities, but it was even better the second time. The cast was amazing, and other than the child behind us that KEPT TALKING and ASKING QUESTIONS…it was awesome. I blame that on the parent because she kept talking right back.


I had to work the rest of the week, but it was a great trip. I have a feeling I’ll go back again.

No comments: