Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Celine


Don’t be jealous. Kidding I’m sure you’re not…in fact you’re probably going to judge me for this. I went to the Celine Dion concert on Monday night. That’s right. I might have pulled out the old cd case that I haven’t used since the invention of iTunes to find those songs of the past. Who doesn’t remember Titanic, or Up Close & Personal, or Beauty & the Beast? So go ahead and judge…but I bet you remember too.

Christine and I had always wanted to see her. We had talked about going to Vegas a lot in the past 4 years to see her while she was at Caesars, but never made it. So when we found out last fall that she would be here in Dallas we went on a campaign to get some tickets. Come Monday we were on our way to the AAC, tickets in hand. Bless all the husbands and boyfriends that were forced to attend, including sweet Emmitt Smith.

Celine sounded better live than any performer I’ve ever heard. She was funny and enduring and of course made the crazy facial expressions and dramatic arm gestures I was expecting. She is SO tiny, and her dresses were even smaller. Our friend Lacy was in the 4th row and said it was rather easy to see up the dress. She danced and ran all over the stage in 4 inch heels. I can’t even make it to the front door in shoes like that. Overall it was entertaining, her voice was perfect, and we were thrilled we finally had the chance to see her.

4 comments:

RobinBrant said...

I am horrified, but I still love you anyway!

elizabeth said...

I was just so sick of seeing the Celine commercial at the AAC...complete with her running to the front of a "ship" during Titanic. Please tell me that happened in the concert. :)

Jennifer said...

I am not judging you. I loved that song from Up Close & Personal.

the shahans said...

i have seen celine - twice!!!
xoxo