Friday, January 16, 2009

Truth

Have you ever had lunch, or even a phone conversation with a girlfriend and when it was over you wondered "how is she really?" I mean we get the niceties out of the way, job, house, dog/cat, husband, travel and the like. How often do we really get into it...you know the tough stuff: debt, heartache, family drama, infertility, feeling stuck, behind the scenes of a marriage, religion or on this day even politics? What is really going on with me, and do I share it?
I have to say I share with very few the really big things because it's so personal it's scary. But how do real friendships grow if no one is really saying anything? I wondered if I was alone in this, but I read the BEST blog posting ever today about truth and relationships. I thought it was so awesome that I had to post the link. It doesn't hurt that this blogger shares the same name either :)

1 comment:

Misti said...

I have one friend that I can ask these things but another best friend I feel the same way. Afraid to ask the 'scary' quetsions. I completely understand where you are coming from!

misti @ www.oceanicwilderness.com