Monday, January 05, 2009

NYE

I was given the gift of a nasty cold for Christmas. Come NYE I still wasn’t 100% so I passed on the parties and headed to Ft Worth. My parents were still in town from CA, and had avoided me and the illness, so I wanted to see them before they left on Jan 1st. We all had dinner, and my dad and Rob had made crème brule that was “orgasmic” according to Heather Shahan. It’s my dad’s specialty that he taught Rob how to make this trip.

It was a big family affair with Allison’s parents also coming over for the game time fun. We brought the wii, and played Taboo: boys vs. girls. Of course the girls team dominated. My dad described at length “covenant” and the word was actually “convent" but he didn’t see that. We all died laughing.



It isn’t a trip to Ft Worth without the Shahan family as well so they rounded out the group along with Heather’s sister Elizabeth and her husband Brian. Here is a photo of the whole clan (minus Tim, Allison’s dad, who is taking the picture) ringing in the 2009. Please don’t be frightened by the bearded superhero in the pink mask…that’s just my brother after lots of tequila.

1 comment:

the shahans said...

we had an awesome time! can't wait to do it again!
xoxo