Monday, October 22, 2007

The Boyd's

Our good friends Chris and Meg were married this month. I know strange that they have the SAME NAMES!!?? Even more strange is that we knew them separately before they knew each other. Chris Boyd went to grad school with my Chris, and Meg was friends with another student Sara. The wedding was a huge Dallas event, for those of you that are not familiar with Dallas society weddings, or Texas weddings in general all I have to say is you need to see it to believe it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I felt like I walked into a weddings issue from In Style. There were at least 350-400 people, it was formal, and no detail was missed. Starting with the full choir, trumpets, organ and bells at the actual church, to the 12 piece band at the reception. Meg's mom even recreated her favorite old school soda fountain in one of the reception halls; Highland Park Pharmacy...complete with floats, shakes, grilled cheese and all. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They were absolutely glowing. Because they had to say “hi” to everyone we had about 3 seconds with them…so Chris took a picture with the life size cut out pictures of them at the reception (see below).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: