Monday, October 22, 2007

Think Pink

Operation Save Second Base
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This past weekend I am proud to say I was the Captain of the BEST team in Dallas for the Susan G Komen Walk. Our team was called “Operation Save Second Base” and we got a ton of compliments on our t-shirts (THANKS WENDY!!) They were pink camouflage with an army green dog tag on the back that said Operation Save Second Base. Adorable.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

All of Dallas turned out for this event and it was literally a sea of Pink. According to race results 25,500 people participated in the 5K event, and raised nearly 1 million dollars. I am happy to say our team hit our goal of $3,000! It was an experience for everyone. We were walking in Memory of our friend Julie’s mom who lost her battle 2 years ago. It was hard to see the faces of young kids walking in memory of their mom, and women not much older than me wearing “Survivor” shirts. Of course there were humorous moments as well. I nearly took a dive because I was talking (of course) and walked right into a cone. No surprise there!

This event also confirmed my thought that Target is the best store ever. They are the main sponsor of the race here in Dallas and had employees turn out by the hundreds to line the course of the race…all volunteering their time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am proud of all my friends who walked or donated to this wonderful cause, and thank you for making it a special day.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I was SO sad to miss this! Not only was I 1,700 miles away, I had to be at work on this day. Double yuck. I'm glad you posted pictures though!!