Tuesday, February 12, 2008

13-31


That’s me…turning 31 on the 13th! Except for the fact that almost everyone including my own mother has called me on the wrong days to yell out “Happy Birthday” only to be told they have it wrong. It’s truly insane that a year has gone by since the big 30 bash. This one is very low key in comparison but Chris has learned well that my birthday, our anniversary, and Valentine’s Day are all very separate occasions and need to be treated as such.

In honor of this day I couldn’t decide if I should list 13 things or 31 things you might not know about me. Let's go with 13, who really wants to read 31...not me.


1. Despite my best efforts at acting the opposite, I am a hopeless romantic
2. I get worried when anyone goes to the hospital for anything, I'm convinced they kill people in there.
3. I have seen all seasons of Party of Five at least 6 times.
4. I think peanut butter makes almost anything taste better
5. I’m loud, and with a few cocktails I’m my own megaphone
6. I think men who read the Wall Street Journal are sexy
7. My brother Rob is one of my favorite people in the whole world
8. Moving to Texas changed my entire life
9. When I get excited I clap like a cheerleader on SNL
10.I dream of giving the finger to feminism and becoming a suburban soccer mom
11.My dream job was/is to be a reporter for the Whitehouse
12.I'm not competitive at all, so don’t pick me if winning is your motivation
13.Fine linens are my weakness, I can't help it! I'm a thread count snob.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one that called you on the wrong day! I could have done without #6 (no offense to Chris). :) Peanut Butter DOES make everything taste better! Happy Birthday, my friend!

RobinBrant said...

As a feminist, I would like to state that if you want to be a soccer mom, you will not be giving us the finger. Feminism is about having the choice to either work or stay home, not about having to work or having to stay home. Now that I have that out of the way--Happy Birthday!!!!

Kerri Butler said...

LMAO!!!! I like your megaphone birthday girl - it's never too loud for me ;) Where are the last three things? I'm waiting to hear -there are only 10!!!

elizabeth said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I can't believe I had to miss your big 30th and now I missed 31. Maybe I'll be around for 32?