Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The eagle has landed

Well my mom has landed in the Big D. Friends are throwing us our engagement party this weekend and my parents are making the trip from CA for the festivities. My mom came early to hang out for a few extra days. There is never a dull moment being her child.

Photobucket

For example, she had only been here 2 days when she managed to set off the house alarm system, sending 2 police cars to a normally peaceful neighborhood during the middle of the day. Uniformed officers had to search the inside, and outside only to discover that she didn’t close the back door all the way. The wind blew it open, setting off the alarm after we had left the house. The best part of the entire story is that when the officers were looking in all the rooms while yelling out “Dallas Police, come out” they came upon the guest room she is staying in. Mind you she has been in Dallas 48 hours. They looked in the room and turned to me and said “Miss, does this room normally look like this because it might have been ransacked”.

Ha, if only I were so lucky. Nope officer, it’s just the usual visit from Hurricane Ann. That’s what Rob and I call her. I love her more than life but it’s true.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I'm so sad to miss your engagement party this weekend. Can't wait to see the post and pictures!