Thursday, February 14, 2008

THANK YOU

I just wanted to post a little about the b-day festivities.

Photobucket

My friend Christine threw a party for me over the weekend with some of my favorite ladies. It was at Torelli’s and the chocolate martinis alone are worth the trip. It was fun to just hang out and catch up over great food and drinks.

Photobucket

The highlight of the evening had to be the cake. Christine had ordered it from La Duni, a restaurant that is famous for their dessert... She had given the server a box of candles and told them to add some to the cake before bringing it out. Well they decided to add ALL of them, and we could see the glow of the cake coming long before the cake made its appearance. Between the blinding light and heat I literally though a meteor was coming at my head.

Photobucket

Chris started the morning off with a beautiful card before leaving for work, sent roses to my office that are amazing, and took me to dinner at the best sushi place in town. He didn’t even give me that “you’re not really going to eat all that” look that he normally does when the sashimi was delivered to the table. I got another card at dinner as well. We decided with the wedding, and the crazy ass ring he gave me that no gifts are necessary this year.

Thank you all for the singing, the cards, the voice mail etc. I have to give a shout out (and yes I did just say that) to my friend Noah in CA who as my best guy friend I never expect to remember to call, and he did! Also to Dustin, my ex-boyfriend from jr. high, who hasn’t forgotten my birthday in 19 years even though he is verry happily married with a brand new baby.

My friend Kerri’s husband sent me the sweetest email addressing my 13 things blog post (below) and I had to add this in because I was laughing my ass off

He said:
9. When I get excited I clap like a cheerleader on SNL
You TOTALLY do. Feet together, arms and hands straight up and down, quick claps, big smile. Sometimes accompanied by a drawn out , “Yaaay!”

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Those bellini-tinis were FANTASTIC! Loved the food and the dessert! Glad you had a great birthday!